This is what changed the amp world. The DC-30 was the company’s first design and still leads the lineup!
Thirty very conservatively rated watts from a quartet of EL-84’s, through two channels, each with unique voicing and tone control layouts, produce a world of tone choices. True “Class A” configuration gives rich, complex harmonics whether played clean, mildly overdriven, or with all out power tube saturation. This means you should sound great in any situation, in any music style.
A long list of musician designed features includes: highly interactive tone controls and circuitries unique to each channel, bypassable master volume, individual channel effects loops, cut control for high frequency shaping, high and low (30 or 15 watt) power settings, selectable output impedance and phase inverter switches allow the use of additional speaker cabinets or amps in-phase with the DC-30.
The preamp sections are based on a layout of two 12AX7’s in Channel 1 and one EF86 in Channel 2. The two 12AX7’s in Channel 1 create a parallel-triode circuit with interactive bass and treble. The one EF86 in Channel 2 consists of a high-gain pentode coupled to a six-position tone switch. Outright benefits include quick dial-in of new tones and an easy return to the settings you prefer. Also “high treble” cut control, master volume, with a bypass feature that offers flexible control of the power amp section. The power amp is fed by a 12AX7 phase inverter, which drives four EL84 power tubes. The rectifier circuit gives you the flexibility of using one 5AR4 for a quick attack or you can use two 5V4’s for a smooth, round response. Other professional features include an effects loop, half power-mode switch (a conservative 30 watts switching to 15 watts), output impedance selector (4, 8, 16 ohms) and a speaker phase-reverse switch.
Sound on the 212 Combo is delivered through two dissimilar Celestion speakers: a G12H30 and a Greenback 25, each specially modified through a proprietary MATCHLESS formula. All of this is encased in an extremely sturdy hand-made 11-ply, 3/4” Baltic birch cabinet, wrapped in richly textured black vinyl. The finishing touch is our signature backlit nameplate and control panel, which lets you (and the audience) know when the power is on.
- Power: 30 Watts
- Channels: 2
- Controls Ch.1: Volume, Bass, Treble
- Controls Ch.2: Volume, Tone, Cut control, Bypassable master volume
- Switches: Reverse speaker phase, Hi-lo power, 3 Position rotary Impedance, 6 Position rotary tone
- Power Tubes: 4 x EL84
- Preamp Tubes: 1 x EF86, 3 x 12AX7
- Rectifier Tube: 1 x 5AR4 or 2 x 5V4G tubes
- Features: Dual inputs for each channel, Effects loop
- Speaker Output: Switchable Impedance of 4, 8, and 16 Ohms
- Weight: 50 lbs.
- Dimensions: 10.75 x 21.5 x 10.5
Matchless HC-30 Head - Black
- I’m a Return and Refund policy. I’m a great place to let your customers know what to do in case they are dissatisfied with their purchase. Having a straightforward refund or exchange policy is a great way to build trust and reassure your customers that they can buy with confidence.
- I'm a shipping policy. I'm a great place to add more information about your shipping methods, packaging and cost. Providing straightforward information about your shipping policy is a great way to build trust and reassure your customers that they can buy from you with confidence.